SKELETON FOLDING STOCKThe M.S.P. Modular Stock Platform is made from a military surplus fiberglass stock and resurfaced with a high performance Kevlar reinforced composite then finished with Duracoat. It is fitted with an aluminum pistol grip mount and a receiver block at the back of the stock. The rail is mounted on the fore arm and bolted to anchors placed inside the stock. The anchors are permanently fixed and reinforced with Kevlar. All aluminum parts are machined from 6061 and hard coat anodized.
Features (what it comes with):
- A standard AR15 pistol grip
- 8 inch 1913 Picatinny aluminum rail
5 inch 1913 Picatinny aluminum rail with sling/bipod stud
- There is a plug glued in the M14 selector switch hole (which can be knocked out if needed)
- 1 Sling Swivel 1-1/4 (mounted on the folding mechanism)
- The stock is fitted with an ACE folding stock mechanism and a 9.5 inch skeleton stock with a removable 1/2 inch rubber butt pad.
- All components are Made in the U.S.A.
With the 1/2 butt pad the length of pull is about a 1/2 inch shorter than the standard military stock. If you are using this stock with body armor than this should be a good length and if you need it shorter than you can remove the rubber butt pad making the length of pull 1 inch shorter than the standard M14 military stock. If you want a standard length of pull than I have a 1 inch rubber butt pad that I can exchange with the 1/2 inch at no extra charge. The folding stock mechanism can be adjusted up a 1/2 inch higher than its
lowest setting shown. This would raise your cheek weld on the skeleton
stock a 1/2 inch higher than a standard M14 stock.
The surplus military fiberglass stock that makes up the foundation of the M.S.P. is the strongest M14 rifle stock ever made for the military - so strong it did not need the metal installed, as on the wood stock, to reinforce it. It is highly resistant to cracks; it is waterproof, chemical and shock resistant. Your M1A/M14 receiver and trigger group fits tighter in the M.S.P. than in a wood stock. Tighter fit means greater accuracy. The Kevlar reinforced composite used to refinish the stock is a high performance composite with greater impact, chemical, shock resistant and flexural strength than the fiberglass stock underneath.
Options (what can be added on):
- Cheek riser which mounts on the skeleton stock and raises your check weld about 1 inch higher (For use with a scope). Add $15.00
- Rail sling mount made from aluminum and hard coat anodized. Up to a 1-1/4 sling. Add $22.00
If you are interested in the above options (8 or 5 inch rail, cheek riser, or rail sling mount) please send email to email@example.com requesting invoice adjustment.
All stocks are on back order for 6 weeks.